Returning to the US
Continue Your International Experience
Don’t let you study abroad experience become a faint memory or a pile of photos stuffed in a shoebox in the back of your closet. Whether you want to practice a new language or reach out to international students, there are plenty of ways you can continue your international experience right here on campus!
- Join the Study Abroad Alumni and Friends organization to meet other students like you and share your stories with someone who can relate
- Volunteer at the Study Abroad Center
- Join a language or culture student organization – the International Student Council is for American students, too
- Take a class in language or culture
- Check out WLC 491: Experiences Abroad: Learning to Think Globally a course for study abroad returnees
- Customize your senior honors project or an independent study course to focus on your experience abroad
- Introduce yourself to an international student in class and make a new friend
- Explore additional study, volunteer, work and internship experiences abroad
- Submit your story and photos to firstname.lastname@example.org to be featured in the next issue of the Study Abroad Center newsletter, We're Going Places
- Apply for a Fullbright Grant to continue your international experiences
- You may also apply to become a Peer Advisor in the Study Abroad Center and advise other students as they plan their study abroad experiences.