About the Study Abroad Center
The Study Abroad Center will be integral to the internationalization of Iowa State University.
Collaborate across the university to create and advance education abroad opportunities.
- Collaborate with academic units to create and promote accessible, inclusive programs and services to align with Iowa State University needs.
- Advance high-impact education abroad programming that enriches a student's Iowa State experience.
- Collaborate with campus offices and academic units to employ education abroad best practices.
Our office is located on the 6th floor of the Memorial Union in room 6563. The easiest way to acess the office is to take the elevator opposite the Great Hall on the second floor up to 6. The office is open Monday - Friday from 8am to 5pm during the academic year. During breaks, we are open Monday - Friday from 7:30am to 4pm. Students may drop by during our office hours without an appointment for general study abroad information. We can also be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 515-294-6792.
What We Do:
- Program development
- Program coordination
- Student advising
- Pre-departure orientations
- Promote study abroad campus wide
- Reach out to other on-campus offices for increased collaboration
- Incoming exchange student advising
- Program leader training
- Maintain agreements and contracts
- Issue and advise on study abroad scholarships
- Visa advising
- Central coordination for ISUAbroad database
- Project Assist
- House and manage program accounts
- Maintain program page in ISUAbroad
- Travel and program logistics
- Handle program billing
- Assist with promotion and graphic design needs
Last updated on October 1, 2018