Join us at our next study abroad fair!
Thursday, January 25, 2024
Memorial Union Great Hall
What can you do at a study abroad fair?
- Start planning your next adventure abroad
- Discover options offered by your college's international programs office
- Talk to program coordinators and study abroad alumni
- Learn about study abroad scholarships, financial aid, and nationally competitve awards
- Apply for a US passport - more information below
How can I make the most of the study abroad fair?
- Start researching programs prior to the fair
- At the fair, seek out the programs that stood out during your research
- Bring your questions to the program representative
- Course offerings
- Location details, what is it like?
- Eligibility requirements (GPA, class standing, etc.)
- Make an appointment to apply for or renew your US passport!
How can I apply for a US passport at the study abroad fair?
This service is available to anyone in the Iowa State community (students, faculty, staff, employees)
Make an appointment by contacting Johanna Hill at the US Postal Service. Appointments are recommended to reduce your wait time, but walk ins are also welcome.
email@example.com - recommended
Completed Application Form found online at www.travel.state.gov (use black ink and print one sided).
Proof of U.S. Citizenship (provide one of the following)
Previous fully valid U.S. passport
Certified U.S. birth certificate
Consular report of birth abroad or certification of birth
Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship
Proof of Identity (provide one of the following)
Current, valid driver’s license (ISU ID also required if your state ID is NOT issued in Iowa)
Government employee ID
One - 2" x 2" Color Photograph (Available for $15 at the fair)
Fees (payable via cash, two separate checks, or money orders) Note: Payment by card is not possible!
$130 application fee for standard processing time
$60 additional fee for expedited processing time
$35 execution fee
Your appointment will be in the Cardinal Room of the Memoiral Union. This is located on the 2nd floor.
What if I do not attend the fair?
- Connect with the Study Abroad Center or one of the college international programs offices.
- And if you aren't sure what to do or who to contact, start by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org